Saturday 28 July 2012

Glory Days

Landing in Orlando, Florida, I've left Que Tipo de Carne behind me. In America, land of the free and home of the International Federation for Competitive Eating, there's a different game. Inspired by that Paraguayan advert for generic shopping, I like to call this game Let's Eat Everything.

Some people passionately believe food is about flavour. Others believe that food provides nutrition and resolves hunger. Those people are morons. Food is about glory. The kind of glory that can only come by crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

In this two hour layover, I have only the airport at my disposal, but he choice is clear. It's Nathan's Chili Cheese Dog. Nathan's, host of the annual fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Competition at the Long Island home, embodies all of my intentions for the next week.

Photo: damnthatlooksgood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment