Wednesday 11 April 2012

Hotter than Hell

In the early hours, I have a reoccurence of my delightfully vivid night terrors. This time I was in a box, and moving towards what sounded like a industrial woodchipper. I got everyone´s attention when I woke up to that.

I'm starting to get the hang of this sailing game. During the day, we manage both a tack and a reef that both run quickly and smoothly, more or less. However, the wind is mostly weak and useless. We´re mostly motoring, and taking the sporadic and brief opportunities to motor-sail.

I've worked myself into the sleep and watch rhythm well enough to carve a few free hours from each day. I'm mostly studying the boat's English-Spanish dictionary and a survival book that includes some choice phrases in various languages. From the latter, I'm working to engrave a few useful tid-bits:

Hola, Tengo un lesión grave.
Hello, I have a serious injury

Estoy sangrado mucho
I am bleeding profusely

Me presta una toalla para limpiar la sangra
Can I borrow a towel to wipe up the blood

Qué tipo de carne esta es
What type of meat is this

A cuanta velocidad puede ir este coche
How fast can this car go?

We've been running the motor, almost non-stop for a few days. Today, during the day, Steve's baked bread, Jaimie's done muffins, and now I´m cooking a curry. It´s too damn hot. By the time I´m done, I´m sweating like a dog, or some animal that actually sweats, profusely.

No comments:

Post a Comment