Monday 19 March 2012

Roll the Bones

We return to the beach to fill our boots with calatafe berries, with plans for a marmalade. The relatively nearby Puntas Arenas brewery makes a Calatafe ale, but my first bottle of it was uninspiring. I'd give it another shot now, given the chance.

We also revisit the skeleton. I now have a design in mind to make a beautiful hat from the skull, with which I can scare children and tourists alike. To compliment such a hat, I decide it would be nice to have a lovely seal bone necklace, so I hack a few toes off.

Photo: Frithjof Behne
Later we pull into an particularly spectuacular mountain-surrounded anchorage, with glaciers pouring heavy waterfalls for background noise. However, the weather is turning towards traditionally Patagonian - rain.

As well as marmalade, the berries have gone towards a calatafe cake. It is good.

Photo: Frithjof Behne

1 comment:

  1. " I now have a design in mind to make a beautiful hat from the skull, with which I can scare children and tourists alike. To compliment such a hat, I decide it would be nice to have a lovely seal bone necklace, so I hack a few toes off." - hahahahahahahahahahaha. you are killing me!

    ReplyDelete