Wednesday 14 March 2012

Radio Gaga

Photo: Frithjof Behne
We're heading back to the Micalvi, motoring on account of northerly winds. On a boat, once the sail is set, or not, as in this case, one often has a great deal of time. That is unless it's your boat, in which case, you've either got your eyes ahead, or you're fixing one of ten broken parts of your boat. I am spending much of the time reading a German-Spanish translation dictionary or noodling around on the ukulele. On the uke, I'm pushed to expand my repetoire, given the audience. Today, I think I've nailed the better part of Van Halen's Dreams.

I'm also rationing my reading of CAMRA's Beer quarterly magazine. I must concede that when reading about lovely cask marque pubs and delcious ales I do miss home - well, mainly, I miss the pubs and the ales.

The Alcamar at Cape Horn favours radio channel 14. All day, I hear "Uno-Cuatro, Uno-Cuatro". This is an amusing echo of my yesteryear days with the eurotrash desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment