Thursday 15 March 2012

Maggie's Farm

We've resupplied at Williams, and are now the second part of the trip, motoring towards the glaciers. I've learnt the theme from Airwolf. I didn't much care for Airwolf, but it had a great intro.

The family farm at our anchorage is by great distance, the most rustic scene I've ever come across. One guy, Claudio, not much older than me, is living here, though usually with the parents also. This is a different world. I understand, (by way of translation,) that tomorrow, he will go out into the mountains with his dogs to retrieve a cow, (because livestock are super free range here,) and butcher it to order for some fishermen.

I'd be keen to spend a week or two here with Claudio. I'm quite good at eating delicious meat, so naturally, I am keen to learn how to hunt, kill and butcher an animal.

I also understand, that one of the dogs, who was purchased a great expense and effort, (because there no pets shops nearby,) is not so useful as had been promised. In this world, you earn your food, or you are food. I doubt I'd see that little doggie on a return visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment