Friday 16 March 2012

Where Eagles Dare

Photo: Frithjof Behne
In the morning, Wolf asks, on my behalf, whether I could stay on the farm for some period. No definitive answer is given, but there's some questions or concerns about my ability to ride a horse and trek mountains for 10 hours each day. I'm not confidently able to answer these questions. In London, for lack of any mountains nor hills, I had taken to running circuits around Hackney BMX park, but I'm not sure if that translates.

Four go trekking that afternoon. As previously, only two remain after an hour or so. My German and Austrian friends have a contruction which is not suitable for trekking.

Photo: Frithjof Behne
Comorans and Albatrosses are no more exciting than Pigeons. Condors, on the other hand, are good looking birds. One hovers ten or fifteen metres above me - presumably curious as to whether or not he and his other half could eat me. I'd love to see them try. In Conan the Barbarian, Schwarzenegger teaches us how to deal with hungry birds. They decide against eating me, and Pascale & I scramble, hop, and canter down the mountain.

Aargh, aargh, argh!



No comments:

Post a Comment